The magic behind a great Yam and egg sauce. Recipe

 EGG SAUCE WITH BOILED YAM

How to prepare yam and egg sauce

Egg has being one of my major source of protein and I’m always constantly trying out new egg recipes.


This egg sauce recipe is one of my favorite egg recipes because it is so easy to make and is packed with a lot of flavor, plus it pairs really well with a number of side dishes and it will be a great idea to add it to your next meal menu.

Today I will be sharing my recipe with you and pairing it with boiled yam as my side dish. 


INGREDIENTS


Yam- one tuber

Egg - 6 large eggs

Onion -2 chopped onion 

Tomatoes - 5pieces (sliced)

Bell pepper 

Green pepper 

Garlic 

Tomatoe purée

Salt

Seasonings(Maggi cubes,curry,black pepper)

 

PREPARATION  

Boiled yam:

1.peel your yam, cut into tiny sizes or medium size depending on how you want it.

2.pour into a bowl and wash thoroughly 

3.In a pot,add 3cups of water, salt and sugar to taste(yes sugar, although sugar is optional but I boil my yam with sugar because it gives me this amazing taste I can’t resist).

4. Transfer your yam into the pot,cover and allow to cook for about 15-20min until well cooked and soft.


Egg sauce

1.In a pan, add your vegetable oil and heat up slightly 

2.Add your chopped onion and stir 

3. Pour in your blended tomato purée and seasoning to taste. 

4.Stir to combine,cover and allow to simmer for 7-8min until perfectly dry. 

5. In a clean bowl,get in your eggs and give it a thorough mix with a whisk or a bowl until the yolk is well combined with the egg white

6.pour the egg over the sauce,stir gently to spread around evenly and then cover.

7.Allow to set for 1min and stir, add your diced veggies and stir until all ingredients have been incorporated evenly. 

8.Taste for salt

Yummy yummy!!!Egg sauce and yam is ready.


Serve and enjoy with a glass of pineapple juice


Do well to try out this recipe and give us a feedback. Recipe



Post a Comment

0 Comments